A Nigerian online news platform, SaharaReporters, on Thursday, January 21, have revealed names of Nigerian politicians who allegedly own properties in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
President Muhammadu Buhari had earlier directed Nigerian diplomats in the UAE till the end of March 31, 2016, to compile the names of Nigerians with properties.
1. Patience Jonathan, the former first lady, has been alleged to have three properties in Dubai and several businesses.
The former first lady, Patience Jonathan has have also been alleged to have three properties in Dubai and several businesses.
2. A plush home linked to ex-governor Godswill Akpabio located in Dubai.
Senator Godswill Akpabio
3. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state also owns a house in Dubai.
Governor Ayodele Fayose
4. A former attorney general and minister of justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, reportedly owns a house in Abu Dhabi.
Former Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke owns a house in Abu Dhabi
5. Two houses were found in Abu Dhabi owned by Bashir Yuguda, a former minister of state for finance who is now on trial.
Two houses found in Abu Dhabi owned by Bashir Yuguda a former Minister of State for Finance now on trial.
6. Ex-comptroller-general of customs Abdullahi Dikko also linked with properties in Dubai. He has fled to the USA.
Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Abdullahi Dikko also linked with properties in Dubai, has fled to the US
7. Diezani Alison-Madueke, an ex-minister of petroleum resources, also has businesses linked to her in the UAE.
Ex-Minister of Petroleum Res. Diezani Alison-Madueke also has businesses linked to her in the UAE.