Member of Parliament for the Klottey Korle constituency, Nii Armah Ashittey has filed a suit at an Accra High Court against the Electoral Commission and the National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) Parliamentary Candidate for the area, Dr Zanetor Agyeman Rawlings over the legitimacy of to contest for a parliamentary seat under the 1992 constitution.
The suit is documented to contest the eligibility of Dr Zanetor who the complainants say is not registered. Meanwhile, the case is expected to be heard on Friday January 29.
Below Is The Six List Suit Filed Against Dr Zanetor Rawlings
1. A declaration that the decision by the NDC to allow the Dr Zanetor Rawlings to contest parliamentary primaries in the Klottey-Korle Constituency when she was not a registered voted within the meaning of Article 94 (1) (a) of the 1992 constitution at the time of the said contest, violates the constitution and the internal regulations governing the conduct of the parliamentary primaries of the NDC and same is illegal and of no effect.
2. A declaration that the Dr Zanetor Rawlings election as a parliamentary Candidate elect for the Klottey-Korley Constituency is null and void and is of no effect as same violates the constitution of the NDC and the rules governing the conduct of the 216 parliamentary primaries.
3. An order of injunction restraining the Dr. Zanetor, agents, privies, assigns or anyone claiming through her from holding herself out or allowing herself to be held out by the other defendants as Parliamentary Candidate-elect for Klottey Korle Constituency until the matters in dispute are heard and disposed of by this honourable court.
4. An order of court directed at the NDC for a re-run of the parliamentary primaries in Klottey Korle Constituency between the plaintiffs in accordance with its constitution and the regulation governing the 2016 parliamentary primaries within one week of the annulment of the 2nd defendant’s election.
5. Any order Order(s) as the court may deem fit.
6. Cost including legal fees.