- The accident occurred on Monday afternoon as lawyer Ampaw travelled from Kumasi to Sunyani
- Graphiconline reported that the accident occurred around Bechem
- The lawyer for Sarah Kwablah in a rape and sodomy case against Asamoah Gyan says he will pursue the case which has been thrown out by the Attorney General’s office
- The lawyer said in an interview that the plight of Gyan who is injured was a payback for jilting his client
- Lawyer Ampaw has been treated and discharged
Accra based legal practitioner, Maurice Ampaw was involved in a frightening accident which occurred on Monday afternoon as he travelled from Kumasi to Sunyani.
Graphiconline reported that the accident occurred at 2pm around Bechem as the famed lawyer travelled in his Toyota Forerunner.
He is said to have escaped death as his vehicle somersaulted when he tried to avoid a collision with another car which overtook and crossed his lane.
Lawyer Ampaw has been under the spotlight in recent times as he led Sarah Kwablah, a supposed jilted lover of Black Stars skipper, Asamoah Gyan over a rape and sodomy scandal in court.
The allegation against the player has been thrown out by the Attorney General’s Department but the lawyer claims he is going back to human rights court to seek justice for his client.
He told Happy FM in an interview some days back that he was of the conviction that Asamoah Gyan’s latest injury setback was an answered prayer and payback for the player for jilting Sarah Kwablah.
Ampaw said in the interview that, “Sarah Kwablah’s parents are praying day and night. Don’t you see what is happening to him?
“He is injured again and the parents of Sarah are fighting him physically and spiritually as they want him to account for what he has done.”
His outburst was in reference to Gyan’s latest injury setback which saw him stretchered off in his club’s Asian Champions League encounter with Australian side, Melbourne Victory.
Lawyer Ampaw has since been treated and discharged at the Bechem hospital with bruises around his left elbow.