- A sawmill apprentice has sexually abused a 12-year-old boy
- The accused lives in the same neighbourhood with the victim at Teshie
- The victim told a guardian that Sam, the accused has been having anal sex with him since November last year
- A hospital report confirmed the abuse
- Sam pleaded guilty to a charge of defilement
An Accra circuit court has remanded into police custody, a sawmill apprentice for allegedly sexually assaulting a 12-year-old boy at Teshie, in Accra.
READ ALSO: Bizarre! : Girl 16, stabs Man to death
According to a Graphiconline report, Kwasi Sam, who lives with the victim in the same Teshie neighbourhood was reported by the victim to his guardian, name withheld, that the accused had anal sex with him since November last year.
Prosecuting Detective Inspector Kofi Atimbire said the complainant returned from a journey about three weeks ago and was met with the bizarre news. The victim informed her that Sam has been having sex with him through his anus and always impressed upon him to keep it as a secret to himself.
It was when the complainant reported the matter to the police who gave her a medical form to send the victim for examination and treatment, that it was confirmed that he had sexually been abused.
Sam admitted the offence in his caution statement when he was eventually arrested.
He pleaded guilty to a charge of defilement of a child under 16 years.
Meanwhile, the court presided over by Mrs Ruby Naa Adjeley Quaison has deferred Sam’s sentence to March 29.