- The two brothers confessed to defiling the girl when they were summoned to the palace of the chief
- The victim said on March 5, 2016, she was defiled by the two brothers while she slept in their room
- Amin was caught in the act when the victim shouted for help
- The two were banished from the community by Katariga Kamo Naa whilst their father, Mba Alabani, has also disowned them
- Checks at the Regional Directorate of DOVVSU of the Ghana Police Service indicated that no report of defilement or incest had been reported there yet
Two brothers, Amin Alabani, 32, and Mashud Alabani, 27, have confessed to raping their 15-year-old step- sister at Katariga, a community in the Sagnarigu District of the Northern Region.
The two confessed to the incest when they were summoned to appear before the chief of the area, Katariga Kamo Naa.
Residents who had converged at the hearing were all shocked when the brothers confessed that the fateful day that they were caught was not the first time, but rather they had been defiling the girl on most occasions.
The victim (name withheld), who narrated her ordeal at the hands of her two stepbrothers, said on March 5, 2016, she was defiled by the two brothers while she slept in Amin’s room where she had gone to watch television in the night.
After forcibly having sex with her, they warned her not to inform anyone about it.
She informed her mother about the incident, but she surprisingly accused her of peddling falsehood about her step- brothers.
The brothers had their guilt catch up with them on March 12, 2016, when Mashud forcibly had sex with her in his room when she returned from an errand. He pushed her down this time and forcibly had sex with her again.
It was the cry for help by the victim which led to his brother being caught by the other people in the house.
Amin has two wives, while Mashud has one.
The two have been banished from the community by Katariga Kamo Naa whilst their father, Mba Alabani, has also disowned them for the abominable act.
The incident has thrown the entire Katariga community into a state of shock and disbelief with people meeting in groups to discuss the matter.
The shocked mother of the victim, who corroborated the story, said she never believed it until the brothers confessed to the offence at the palace.
Checks by the Daily Graphic at the Regional Directorate of the Domestic Violence and Victims Support Unit (DOVVSU) of the Ghana Police Service indicated that no report of defilement or incest had been reported there.