- Issah Mohammed Cantona hotly pursued Inspector Paul Nyarko as he rode on his motor bike
- Inspector Nyarko, a CID operative caused the arrest of a large quantity of marijuana which was later allegedly diverted and sold to a drug dealer by Issah Mohammed
- This was after Issah had set the suspects free upon taking bribe from them
- An infuriated Nyarko reported the matter to the (PIPS)
- Issah was transferred to Dodowa District Police after investigations by the Police authorities
Issah Mohammed Cantona, the Police Commander of the Dodowa District Police Command is alleged to have attempted to kill a Police Officer at Akyem Oda in the Eastern Region over marijuana (wee) last Saturday.
According to a Daily Heritage report, Inspector Paul Nyarko who is a Criminal Investigations Department (CID) officer at the Oda District Police was hotly pursued on his motor bike by Issah Mohammed with his private car in an attempt to knock down and kill the CID operative.
The CID officer, Inspector Paul Nyarko, two years ago caused the arrest of some people with large quantities of dried leaves suspected to be marijuana (wee).
However, DSP Cantona, who was then the Police Commander for the area, allegedly took bribe from the suspects and set them free.
The Police Commander allegedly took the wee exhibit later and sold it to a drug dealer in the district. The development which obviously did not go down well with the CID officer, made him proceed to report the matter to the Police Intelligence and Professional Standards Bureau (PIPS), a higher controlling body in charge of police standards.
READ ALSO: Alfred Woyome attacked at Achimota Mall
PIPS allegedly transferred DSP Cantona from Oda District to Dodowa.
Eyewitnesses said the Police Commander, upon seeing the CID officer riding a motor bike chased him at top speed but Inspector Nyarko quickly jumped into the bush and escaped unhurt.
According to some residents who had gathered at the scene, the Police Commander allegedly threatened to kill the CID officer if he continued to dare him.
Meanwhile investigation has it that the CID officer has since reported the incident to the Akyem Oda District Police office for the necessary action to be taken.