Many are blessed to have siblings in their lives. If you are a type who does not see the need to have a sibling in life and to appreciate them,then kindly ask a single child in any family and find out how they cope without siblings.
April 10, is celebrated worldwide as national siblings day. It is a day to let your siblings know how much you love and appreciate them. YEN.com.gh brings you some amazing facts to note about the day.
- The day is celebrated each year on April 10.
- National Siblings Day is a day observed to honor the bonds between brothers and sisters.
- The day is founded by New Yorker, Claudia Evart after she lost both her siblings early in life, according to the Siblings Day Foundation. She chose April 10 because that was the birthday of her late sister, Lisette.
READ ALSO: Still single at 35? Answer these questions
- National Siblings Day follows the spirit of Mother's Day and Father's Day -- a great American tradition and celebration of family-unit values. It is an uplifting celebration honoring people who have shaped our values, beliefs and ideals.
- National Siblings Day is a holiday recognized annually in some parts of the United States.
- National siblings day is not an official national recognized holiday, but the Siblings Day Foundation is actively petitioning the White House to issue a presidential proclamation.
- The holiday is intended to be a celebration of the relationship of brothers and sisters.
-In Ghana many people observed the day by posting pictures of their siblings on social media, especially Facebook.
We hope you learn to appreciate your siblings better after reading these amazing facts.