YEN.com.gh, Ghana’s fastest-growing news and entertainment portal, is hiring! We are looking for editors who could join our team of young and ambitious professionals.
We are ready to welcome you as our colleague if you fit the description below.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong language/proofreading skills
- Expertise in local and global affairs
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Familiarity with and being active on various social media platforms
- Familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Моnitoring trending and breaking news and topics
- Finding and making stories out of user-generated content
- Writing and publishing stories based on several sources in accordance with the house style
- Producing features, explainers and all sorts of original and unique (exclusive) content
- Suggesting stories and generating headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Quickly adapting to changes in the ever-evolving editorial strategy
You, a young and passionate person, are given the chance to evolve from someone writing simpler stories to an established reporter who interviews top people of the country, creates award-winning features and conducts groundbreaking investigations.
What is YEN, and what is the team like, you might ask.
We are part of Genesis Media Ltd., a global digital content and media company with combined unique monthly audience of over 80 million people.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of emerging markets through newsmaking projects and strategic marketing management. That is why we are present on four continents (Africa, Asia, Europe and South America) in almost a dozen countries.
Core company values:
- Honesty & candour
- Selflessness & passion
- Innovation & curiosity
- Responsibility & integrity
- Use of good judgement
- Competitive salary and bonuses based on your achievements
- Reliable insurance coverage
- Comfortable working environment
- Super-friendly team of professionals
- The once-in-a-lifetime possibility to learn from biggest global IT and media players
- Daily communication with most influential people in the media industry
Of course, by this time, we have grabbed your full attention. Don’t hesitate, simply send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, or share our vacancy proposal with someone who you think might be interested in this exciting and challenging job.
Please type "CV for YEN" in the Subject field of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!