Fire gutted gutted the chop box room of the girls’ dormitory of the Kumasi Senior High Technical School at Patase in Kumasi on Wednesday dawn around 3 am.
It took efforts from some teachers and male students on campus to quench the fire with some fire extinguishers on hand before the arrival of firefighters from the Kumasi Fire Service.
Mr Issah Ibrahim, the Assistant Headmaster of the school told Graphiconline that about 25 of the girls had been hospitalized at the First Care Hospital from injuries sustained in their bid to escape from the blaze which was close to the staircase of their dormitory.
READ ALSO: Residents of Ada displaced after Tidal waves
Items destroyed by the fire included books, trunks, chop boxes, provisions, dresses and other personal belongings of the students.