A 25-year-old lady is fighting for her life after her colleague bathed her with hot soup during an argument over slippers.
The victim, Rita Anim - a restaurant attendant – and her two-year-old child suffered severe burns when they were drenched with groundnut soup on Wednesday afternoon, according to a report by Accra-based Adom FM.
The Tema police public relations Officer, ASP Juliana Obeng, told the radio station that the victim and suspect, whose name was given as Charlotte, were both employees in the same restaurant.
They two, according to her, exchanged slippers. She said Rita returned Charlotte’s own to her and demanded hers since it had been with her colleague for a long time.
Charlotte, out of anger, is said to have rather given the slippers to another worker who failed to give it to Rita, but left it in one of the rooms at the restaurant.
READ ALSO: Acid victim in Kwahu dies
ASP Obeng said a furious Rita confronted Charlotte which resulted in a heated argument between the two.
She said when Rita turned around to return to her post, Charlotte picked a boiling groundnut soup which was on fire and poured it on her [Rita] while she was holding her child.
The victim and the two-year-old were quickly rushed to the hospital, and the case reported at the Kpone district police station, she said.
ASP Juliana Obeng added that Charlotte was arrested and charged for causing harm.
She has appeared before court and has been remanded in police custody to reappear on May 3 for trial.