Many workers face a lot of pressure at work. These could come in meeting the demands of modern working life.
At work places, there is the need for one to feel secure and safe as many workers spend more hours at work than at hone. This one of the many reasons why the International Labour Organization (ILO) instituted the World Day on Safety and Health at Work. It is a day to promote preventive safety and a healthy culture at work in order to prevent deaths, injuries and diseases at the workplace.
YEN.com.gh in brings you some amazing facts about the World Day on Safety and Health at Work
- The annual World Day for Safety and Health at Work is marked every 28 April.
- The theme for the World Day for Safety and Health at Work is “Workplace Stress: a collective challenge”
- World Day on Safety and Health at Work is a day to promotes the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally.
- On this day the ILO promotes the creation of a global preventative safety and health culture involving ILO constituents and all key stakeholders in this field.
- April 28, is seen as a day to raise international awareness on occupational safety and health among trade unions, employers’ organizations and government representatives alike.
- The first World Day on Safety and Health at Work was celebrated on April 28 2003.
- In many parts of the world, national authorities, trade unions, employers' organizations and safety and health practitioners organize activities to celebrate this date.
- In Ghana, Accra Brewery Limited (ABL), brewer of Club Premium Lager, the number one selling beer in Ghana on Thursday joined the rest of the world to commemorate World Day for Safety & Health at Work by launching a month-long awareness creation campaign around workplace safety at the brewery.