The Ghana Police Service says it has opened recruitment for individuals who want to enlist as police officers.
According to the police who issued a statement through the Director General of Human Resource Department, DCOP Beatrice Vib-Sanziri and published in the Monday May 9 edition of the Daily Graphic, applicants can purchase application vouchers beginning from Wednesday May 11, 2016 at the GCB Bank Limited nationwide at the cost of GhȻ100.
The statement emphasised that the mode of application is done ONLY online and receiving of applications will cease on May 31, 2016.
Requirements and general eligibility for the 2016 recruitment all applicants must be Ghanaians not less than 18 years and not more than 25 years of age by April 1, 2016.
Applicants must be at least 5 feet 8 inches [173cm] tall for males and 5 feet 4 inches  for females, must be physically fit and must be of good character, without any criminal record.
All applicants must possess a minimum academic qualification of Six  credits [A1 – C6] at WASSCE, including English language and Mathematics.
The police also gave the mode of application as follows;
1. Purchase application voucher at any GCB Bank Limited at GhȻ100 only
2. You need functional e-mail address before purchasing the application voucher.
3. Give your full official name at the point of purchase.
4. Use your serial number [SN] and pin code [PIN] to access the application form online.
5. Keep your SN and PIN for all states of the recruitment process.
6. The online registration form is accessible only by the SN and PIN.
7. Once the online application is opened, follow the instructions carefully and fill
After the online applications;
1. Applicants who meet the initial requirements will be shortlisted and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. At recruitment centres there should be
a. Body examination and selection
b. Examination and inspection of academic and personal documents
3. Successful candidates in  above shall be made to write aptitude test
4. Candidates who pass the aptitude test will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Then there shall be medical examination for successful applicants.
6. The final stage of the processes is invitation to commence training.
The police wants the following to be noted;
1. Forms are not being sold for this recruitment exercise
2. Filling in of recruitment form is done online only.
3. The Police Service has not contracted any middlemen to recruit on its behalf.
4. Read guidelines thoroughly and carefully before filling the form
5. Do not submit more than one application; you will be disqualified if you do so
6. All academic certificates will be vetted at WAEC, and any applicant who is found to have presented forged document will be prosecuted
7. All correspondence with applications will be done through their e-mails only
8. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further processes.
The police emphasised that more information can be obtained from www.police.gov.gh