Ivorian and Manchester City star, Yaya Toure is the only African footballer named in the latest Forbes top 20 highest earners in football.
Yaya Toure is place 12th on the list with $20m.
The sport's wealthiest talents were revealed by the business magazine this week, as Real Madrid's Ronaldo was shown to have pocketed $82m in wages and endorsements placing him number one on the list.
READ ALSO: Sunderland stay in Premier League
Barcelona’s Lionel Messi came second with $77m, with Paris Saint-Germain's Zlatan Ibrahimovic a distant third on $37m.
Only eight clubs are represented on the list, while Premier League outfit Manchester City are most prominently featured with four players.
Forbes' 20 highest paid footballers:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) - $82 million
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - $77m
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain) - $37m
4. Neymar (Barcelona) - $36m
5. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) - $34m
6. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - $26m
7. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) - $24m
8. Luis Suarez (Barcelona) - $23m
9. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) - $22m
10. Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea) - $21m
11. James Rodriguez (Real Madrid) - $21m
12. Yaya Toure (Manchester City) - $20m
13. Radamel Falcao (Chelsea) - $19m
14. Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain) - $18m
15. Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) - $18m
16. Bastian Schweinsteiger (Manchester United) - $18m
17. Angel Di Maria (Paris Saint-Germain) - $18m
18. Robin van Persie (Fenerbahce) - $17m
19. David Silva (Manchester City) - $17m
20. Samir Nasri (Manchester City) - $15m