Commercial buses, widely known as trotro, are the most popular means of transportation in Ghana.
Many people do not enjoy using them because they are mostly rickety and it is inconvenient being transported in them. However, they are affordable, so commuters tend to prefer them to taxis and 'okadas', which are relatively expensive.
Here are 12 pictures that only people who use trotro regularly will understand:
1. How they pack you like sardines
You cannot even breathe.
2. When a preacher turns the bus into a mini-church and collects offerings before the bus reaches its destination.
3. When a passengers gets up and says a powerful prayer before proceeding to sell drugs or herbs.
Who is he fooling?
4. When the mate tries to charge you a second time
You cannot be serious!
5. When the car breaks down and you are asked to help push it
When will I leave this country?
6. When the driver applies brake suddenly and your head nearly hits the seat
Jesus take the wheeel!
7. When the trotro breaks down and they return half the fare so that you can board another vehicle
8. How everyone reacts when the police stop the bus
What is it kraa??
9. When the mate (conductor) is delaying in giving you your change
You dare not let me forget!
10. When you have to get down for another passenger to alight
It can pain.
11. When you are late for work and the bus heads to a filling station to buy fuel
You people like that too much!
12. When the driver tells you that there is traffic ahead and so the bus won't go to the last stop