A fire outbreak in a house at Mampong Asante in the Ashanti Region, killed six people, including a man and his four daughters, on Friday.
A man who was on a visit also lost his live in the fire which began at about 3am, according to a report by Kumasi-based Nkyira FM.
The Mampong police say they suspect that the fire was caused by a gas leakage in the house. But the wife of one of the victims, who had travelled for a funeral when the accident occurred, said a gas leak could not have been responsible because their gas had run out.
The tragedy comes a week after a fire outbreak at a house in Nkwanta in the Volta Region claimed the lives of three children.
It was said to have been fueled by gallons of pre-mix fuel stored in the house, with attempts by security officials and bystanders to rescue the children who were trapped in the house proving futile.