A senior high school graduate in the New Juaben Municipality of the Eastern Region has gone blind in one eye after glue which was being used to fix her artificial eye lashes dropped onto the pupil of the eye.
Maame Esi is now unable to see with the affected eye, according to a report by adomonline.com.
The report said family members of the girl had warned her against the use of eyelashes, but she refused to heed the warnings.
The brother of the girl, Papa yaw, says she is heartbroken by the situation.
“For about two weeks, when we couldn’t set our eyes on her, I went to her room to find out if she was there.
I entered the room only to find her crying and complaining that she cannot see with one of her eyes”, he was quoted as saying.
READ ALSO: Five ways to make your vagina smell good