Girl, 14 dies from rare reaction to antibiotic

Girl, 14 dies from rare reaction to antibiotic

A 14-year-old girl from Kano in Nigeria, Amina Ibrahim has died today after suffering a brutal reaction from consuming popular antibiotic drug, Septin.

Girl, 14 dies from rare reaction to antibiotic

Burnt face of Amina Ibrahim after consuming antibiotic

Amina allegedly purchased the medicine from the 19-year-old son of the pharmacist who was manning the pharmacy at the time. After taking the medicine that was prescribed to her by the non-professional, she immediately started to react to it and within an hour, developed severe burns on her face and neck.

She was later diagnosed with Stevens-Johnson syndrome, a “rare, serious disorder of skin and mucous membranes” that is usually caused from reaction to a medication or an infection.

Amina died at the Mohammed Abdullahi Wase Specialist Hospital in Kano State.

 

 

Source: www.lindaikejisblog.com

Related news

Woman who rescued this 'witch-boy' becomes most inspiring person of 2016 (photos, video)

Woman who rescued this 'witch-boy' becomes most inspiring person of 2016 (photos, video)

Woman who rescued this 'witch-boy' becomes most inspiring person of 2016 (photos, video)