The Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, is under fire for suggesting that Electoral Commission Chairperson Charlotte Osei landed the job by giving out sexual favours.
“Charlotte Osei, bring your buttocks (sexual affair) in exchange of EC Chair position (fawoto be gye golf)”, the MP said while addressing party supporters at a rally in Kumasi.
The remark has provoked outrage among some Ghanaians, with some expressing disgust at his conduct.
Here are five other times that Kenndy Agyapong provoked public anger with his comments.
1. In the run-up to the 2012 general elections, he called on Akans to defend themselves against people from other ethnic groups that might attack them.
"If you are an Ashanti or an Akan and somebody barges into your shop, defend yourself by hitting the person on the head with anything you lay your hands on. Because we will not sit idle and allow such foolish things to go on without protecting ourselves," he said.
He went on to "declare war" in the country, threatening to harm Gas and Ewes if minors in Accra were registered in the voter's register.
"If they say they will register minors, then everybody will register minors. If this is how things will go then the Gas in the Ashanti Region, we will beat them; the Voltarians in the Ashanti Region, we will beat them. I declare war in this country. Gbevlo Lartey should come and arrest me today because nobody is more human than another."
2. Two months ago, he endorsed the assault of Manhyia North in Kumasi, Collins Owusu Amankwah, by the regional chairman of the party, Bernard Antwi Boasiako, popularly known as Chairman Wontumi.
“It is good he [MP] has been beaten, he deserves it, he even deserves more slaps,” Mr Agyapong reportedly told Asempa FM.
3. In 2015, he made headlines for the wrong reasons when he engaged radio presenter Afia Schwarzenegger in caustic tit-for-tat verbal attacks in the media.
“I will put the naked pictures of this girl (Afia Schwarzenegger) on social media and everywhere. This person who lived at Abrepo or Atonsu who used to bath with Omo to whiten her skin, useless girl like you. She was living in poverty, useless girl like you," he said.
4. In February, Mr Agyapong called members of the NPP “senseless”, “fools” and “bogus”. He said they would remain in opposition forever if they did not give up their “book-long” lifestyle.
5. In 2015, he spewed invectives on the national organiser of the National Democratic Congress, Kofi Adams, labeling him as a “cheap boy”, who was unfit to be his “house help”.
“If not for politics a cheap boy like you can’t talk to me the way you are talking, fool, you are not even fit to be my house boy… but I don’t blame you, I blame the cheap politics, fool, who are you,” he said.