The electoral commissioner, Charlotte Osei remains Ghana's first female EC boss in the nation's political history. Find out these wonderful facts about Charlotte Osei.
1. The best Adinkra symbol of Charlotte Osei is the is Nea Onnim No Suaa, Ohu which means “who does not know can know from learning”. This is a symbol of and epitomizes her passion and continued quest for knowledge and life-long education.
2. Madam Osei is the youngest electoral commissioner in the history of Ghana after being appointed by president Mahama aged 46.
3. Charlotte had her secondary education at the Ghana National College in Cape Coast.
4. She officially became a lawyer at the tender age of 25 after she obtained her LLB in 1992 and was called to the bar in 1994.
5. The EC boss according to her CV has held eleven jobs in the span of 10 years.
6. In 2011, she was appointed by late president J.E Atta Mills, as the chairperson for the national commission for civic education (NCCE) to replace Larry Bimi, who died in July the same year.
7. She has over fifteen academic publications to her credit.