A majority of people living in Accra and Kumasi commute to various destinations by buses popularly referred to as trotros or troskis (as said by the cool kids). Although these buses are usually uncomfortable and exhausting, they are the cheapest and easiest means of moving around.
While an early morning trotro ride can be entertaining and amusing with witty characters and interesting arguments and opinions on politics, college mag has listed the top 10 most irritating things people in trotros do to flips your mood and send your whole day tumbling down.
1.When people put their music on loudspeaker.
Why do some people assume everyone else in the bus wants to listen to their music?
2. Plugging earphones into ears and singing along.
Usually, people who sing along to music plugged into their ears think they sound as great as what they hear. It’s the exact opposite!
3. People occupying half your paid space with kids, baggage and head pans.
Everyone who has used a trotro before knows this feeling. It’s very annoying to share your paid seats with kids who won’t sit calmly while their mother hits your side with her bags and head pan.
4. Spit out of windows: Urrgh! *cringes*.
This is one of the most disgusting things EVER! Especially when they cross over to your side and let out their slimy morning saliva without a care for your feelings.
5. Fall asleep on your shoulder.
Don’t. Fall. Asleep. On. Me (if you ain't cute).
6. Playing a sermon recording on loudspeaker.
Hello! We are not in church. And you cannot assume everyone in the bus is a Christian.
7. Talking loudly on phone.
You’d wonder if they deliberately want you to hear their conversation.
8. Eating (full) meals on the bus.
Nothing as disgusting as having someone eat the likes of waakye or gob3 (gari and beans) in a troski. Some even use their hands! Major eek!
9. When people refuse to move over.
Don’t you hate it when someone at the backseat refuses to move and make a seat for you; instead they move by the whisker so you can squirm past them to the inside seat.
10. When people sitting next to you refuse to get down to make way for you to alight, and instead ask you to squeeze through a narrow space where you can easily be scratched by the trotros rusted metals.
What are the things you hate the most in your trotro commute?
Comment and share post with your friends.