In Genesis 2:18, 21-24 the Bible says; "The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." (NIV)
Based on the above scripture, a Christian marriage has been seen as a practice instituted by the Creator for His children. Thus, it is only right that for every Christian marriage, they couples must follow the rules laid down in the holy manuscript by God.
Here are 10 things every Christian marriage should possess.
1. Faithfulness. Hebrews 13:4 - "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous."
2. Humility and submission. Ephesians 5:23,24,32 - "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church."
3. Respect. 1 Peter 3:1 - "In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands, even those who refuse to accept the Good News. Your godly lives will speak to them better than any words. They will be won over by watching your pure, godly behavior.
4. Acceptance. 1 Peter 3:4 - "Don't be concerned about the outward beauty ... You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God".
READ ALSO : Find out why Funny Face divorced his wife
5. Compassion, consideration, and care. 1 Peter 3:7 - "In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. If you don't treat her as you should, your prayers will not be heard."
7. Faith in God, and each other.
10. Love. Ephesians 5:25 - "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her."
It is not compulsory to be married, so, do not go into it, without fully understanding the requirements, and blessings of this unique institution. 1 Corinthians 7:1-2 says: "It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband." (NIV)