A report by the UN's global nutrition has revealed how serious the rates of malnutrition in Ghana has been. Read about these facts in the lists below:
According to the report;
1. Ghana loses $2, 6 billion annually due to problems associated with poor nutrition in children.
2. Malnutrition in Ghana has increased Ghana's healthcare costs.
3. The rate of malnutrition has eaten 6.4 percent of Ghana's gross domestic product (GDP).
4. About 30% of children in the Northern region are malnourished.
5. Close to 37% of the adult population in Ghana suffered from stunted growth. At least 24 percent of child mortality cases were associated with malnutrition.