The editor-in-chief of the New Crusading Guide newspaper, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, has called on President John Mahama to withdraw the appointment of Oti Bless as deputy Minister for local government.
His remarks come after Bless was caught on tape insulting judges, including Chief Justice Georgina Wood.
Bless is said to have made the insulting comments alongside the Montie 3 who have been sentenced to four months imprisonment by the Supreme Court.
He had been vetted by the parliament but his approval has been put on hold as a result of his remarks.
Although Bless obeyed an order from the speaker of parliament, Edward Doe Adjaho, for him to apologise for his conduct, many Ghanaians have called for his appointment to be withdrawn.
In reaction on Accra-based Joy FM on Saturday, Kweku Baako said Bless was not fit to be a minister of state, given his attack on the judiciary.
He said even if the President Mahama does not withdraw his appointment, parliament must not approve him.
"He is a baby with a sharp teeth... As an appointee of government, if you heard what he said, you will be shocked. The president must withdraw his appointment. His is worse than the three gentlemen (Montie 3)," he said.