The Chalewote Street Art Festival is upon us again with expectations of art in all forms at its highest.
Aside the art displays lined up throughout Jamestown, this is arguably the only period of the year where people can dress up in any manner in the name of art and get away with it. Probably get a few famous points as well...
This year's Chalewote is going to a week-long celebration of art and for those who have been before, know exactly what the code of conduct is and what to expect.
For those who will be attending for the first time, here are 10 photos that sum up the caliber of people to expect on the streets.
1. Be ready to meet a LOT of people you know
2. All sorts of hairstyles will be featured
3. The downright shameless will be there too... all for art
4. The graffiti artist and their works
5. The diaspora who feel more attached to Africa than you
6. Those there for the laughs
7. The display artists
8. The vendors with artifacts you normally won't find
9. The photo-bombing kids
10. And of course, the dressers
Which of these people will you be this weekend at the Chalewote Street Art festival in Jamestown?