So you just got married to the man of your dreams, and you're feeling a bit unprepared?
YEN has got you covered with the ultimate and most complete guide on how to be the perfect "Ghanaian" wife any "Ghanaian" husband deserves.
1. Throw away all your old "club" clothing. Or else;
...you know the thing.
2. Invest in a decorative microwave that you will never use
...food must always be fresh.
3. Make sure your husband's food is alway ready and hot when he gets home
...but remember, microwaved food is not "fresh" food.
4. Apologize to your husband when he cheats
...he wouldn't have cheated if you were a good wife
5. But never cheat on your man
...not even by accident, as he will cheat on you by accident all the time
6. Always wake up before your husband
...do we even have to say this?
7. You're a housewife with a job. Figure it out
...follow the next two steps
8. Make sure you have a well-paying job
...but always earn less than your husband. ?
9. Make sure that job doesn’t stop you from taking the kids to school, picking them, and helping with their homework.
...can't you even multitask?
10. NEVER get tired, fall sick or complain
...what kind of wife falls sick or get tired?
11. If you marry as a virgin, be a bedroom beast on your wedding night
...go from 0 to 100 real quick. Just know how to do everything in the bedroom.
12. Get back to shape right after giving birth
...lose that pregnancy weight on the delivery table, Madam.
13. There's only one way to challenge your husband; DON'T
...don't ask questions or argue over things with him too
14. Always praise your husband for weeks if he helps with chores around the house
...they are YOUR chores, he is just helping out.
15. Ultimately, thank him every day for "saving" you from the clutches of spinsterhood.
...because without marriage, you wouldn't be woman enough.
Share this story! You can also read about the five Ghanaian celebrities who are under pressure to get married.