As children, we did not know that the following six statements by our parents were lies.
We kind of found that out when we grew up.
1. "Let me hold the money for you"
You will never see it again.
2. "Lend me. I'll pay you back"
It's gone forever.
3. Tell me the truth; I won't beat you
Get ready for some lashes
4. "At your age, I was the best in my school"
...but you've heard they were last
5. "At you age, I wasn't doing this your boyfriend/girlfriend things"
You know it's not true.
6. "I don't have money"
...but you've seen their wallet.
What other lies do parents tell?
Share your views with us in the comments section and feel free to share this article with your friends.
You can also send your reactions, pictures and videos to us on Facebook.