Today is World Jollof Rice day (yes, that's a thing) and as part our Ghanaian heritage, it is our duty to honor it.
Jollof rice has become more and more popular not just in West Africa but all over the world. This popularity has led to many variations of this dish that we all love, and quite possibly could go to war for (I wouldn't rule it out). So in celebration of this momentous day, we have selected 4 of the most beautiful and tempting, and 4 of the oddest plates of Jollof we've ever come across. Here goes:
1. Let's start with this very beautiful pan of Jollof. Tell me you don't want to just jump and swim in it.
2.And there's this, real-homemade Jollof. Getting hungry?
3. Yum Yum Yum! Look at that burst of color!
4. This pan of Jollof just screams 'Eduane y3 d3'
However, not all plates of Jollof look like the delectable photos above. Some people took the experimentation too far or failed in their attempt at making Jollof. Take a look at these crimes, in the name of Jollof.
5. Jollof Pizza? Why? How? No!
6. So you know Jollof goes well with lots of other side foods, however, we would not recommend this combo. We are not sure what the Okro stew is doing there.
7. Jollof Mix. Where's the arrest warrant?
8. Remember when chef Jaime Oliver tried to make Jollof? And almost caused a riot? This is why.
Are you celebrating World Jollof Rice day? Share your comments in our comments section below.