President Mahama is continuing his campaign for re-election with a four-day campaign tour of the Northern region, his hometown.
This campaign will be the second of his campaign tour after he completed a four-day tour of the Western region. Here is a list of what the president will be doing in the Northern region today.
READ ALSO: Trouble! Ghana Hajj pilgrims caught for smuggling kola nuts to Saudi Arabia
1. President Mahama will begin his tour of the Northern region in Salaga where he will pay a courtesy call on the enskinned Kpembewura.
2. The flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) will interact with ordinary Ghanaians with the aim to hear their plights.
3. The core of his campaign will see the president visit areas as Salaga, Kpandai, Bimbilla, Wulensi, Yendi, Gushiegu, Zabzugu, Tatale, Mion, Nanton and Chereponi.
4. Other chiefs in the region will be called upon by the president.
5. The president will be telling the people and chiefs about developments of the government and plans for the future if re-elected president.
President Mahama's campaign is feared to likely face a massive demonstration by the coalition of opposition parties in the region which plans to demonstrate against the "hardships" in the region.