With the emergence of large stylish shopping malls in recent times which cater to people from all backgrounds, it comes as no surprise when you see different types of people in every mall. They may dress different, talk different but they very much fit these categories of frequent mall visitors everywhere.
Here are 8 types of people you'll find in every Ghanaian mall:
1. The Strutters: They never buy anything. They only like to dress up and go strut around the mall, looking at other people. They occasionally walk into the shops pretending to look for something and seemingly not finding it, they leave. They are easily spotted walking from one end of the mall to the other holding a bottled soft drink.
2. The Girl Pack: This is a group of girls who make the mall their constant hangout. They are mostly in groups of three or four, usually roommates or friends from school. They sometimes fit the same category as the Strutters. They are often seen hanging around the food court.
3. The Selfie Gbees: This group of people only come to the mall to take selfies from every angle. Be it at the liquor aisle in ShopRite or the very popular bathroom selfies. They sometimes shop but they mainly use the cell phones more than their debit card.
4. The Date gang: The mall is a haven for all who want to go on dates. It is convenient, comfortable and always situated in a great location. And it also has the perfect date places like Second Cup, KFC, Chicken Inn and more. All within your budget too.
5. The Explorers: This group of mall visitors is usually first-timers or school kids. In the case of the school kids, it is usually a Friday trip or pre-vacation treat by their school. You see them in their Friday wear and accompanied by one or more teachers.
6. The Cinema buffs: The only reason they visit the mall is to see the latest movie showing at the cinema. Some go at least twice a week. They could be loners or have their own crew.
7. The Couple: They are easily identified as they are usually sitting at a corner booth, lost in themselves. They are often sharing a pizza or ice cream. Always talking quietly and staring at each other.
8. And finally, the actual Shoppers: They came for the reason the mall was actually built. To shop. And trust they do! They are seen with large trolleys filled with any and everything. They are either large grocery shoppers or go into the many clothing stores and come out with large bags of clothes and accessories.
Can you think of any other types of people found in the malls? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.