President John Dramani Mahama’s decision to give remission to the Montie three on the advice of the Council of State has received a lot of criticism on social media, as some Ghanaians have questioned the calibre of people on the Council of State.
The Council of State is enjoined by Ghana’s 1992 Constitution (Reference Chapter 9, Article 89) to “counsel the president in the performance of his functions”.
The Council is required to consider and advise the president or any other authority in respect of any appointment which is required by the constitution or any other law to be made by the advice of, or in consultation with the Council.
YEN.com.gh present to you the full list of the members of the Council of State.
The current members of the Council of State are:
1. Mrs. Cecilia Johnson, Presidential Appointee
2. Mr. Henry Martey Newman, Presidential Appointee
3. Okogyeman Kwaku Gyamprah, Presidential Appointee
4. Tutulewura Rashid Sulemana Mahama, Presidential Appointee
5. Awoamefia of Anlo, Togbe Sri III, Presidential Appointee
6. Nana Baffuor Osei Asibey II, Debuosehene, Presidential Appointee
7. Mr. David Adeenze Kanga, Presidential Appointee
8. Mrs. Ama Benyiwa-Doe, Presidential Appointee
9. Sir. Dr. Edward Nminyour Gyader, Presidential Appointee
10. Opanyin Pastor Abraham Kwaku Adusei, Presidential Appointee
11. Dr. Rabiatu Deinyo Ammah, Presidential Appointee
12. Mr. George Kofi Dadzie, Representing the Western Region
13. Dr. Percival Afred Kuranchie, Representing the Central Region
14. Mr. Emmanuel Adzei Anang, Representing the Greater Accra Region
15. Torgbui Binah Lawluvi VI, Representing the Volta Region
16. Nana Kodua Kesse II, Representing the Eastern Region
17. Vo-Naa Alhaji Baba Muhammed Bawah, Representing the Northern Region
18. Rt. Rev. Dr. Jacob Kofi Ayeebo, Representing the Upper East Region
19. Nana Saa Gyamfuaa II, Representing the Brong Ahafo Region
20. Nana Asiama Poku Afrifa II, Representing the Ashanti Region
21. Alhaji Seidu Bhat Braimah, Representing the Upper West Region
22. Wulugunana Naa Professor John S. Nabila, President of the National House Chiefs
23. Christopher Kobla Dewornu, Former Inspector General of Police
24. Lt. General Seth Kofi Obeng (Rtd.), Former Chief of Defence Staff