First dates are always tricky. Depending on who you are going out with, what your budget is and whether it's worth all the effort, all factor in selecting the best first date idea.
First dates don't have to be extravagant as you are just getting to know the other person. There are simple, very fun and definitely budget saving dates that will suit every Ghanaian going out on a first date. Here are 5 of them:
1. The classic movie and dinner without the dinner: You can never go wrong with a cinema date. It's simple, fun and budget happy. You both meet up early before the movie, talk a bit and then see the movie. Talk a bit after and then you're on your way. It may like too little but it is actually a great idea for the first date. And Ghanaians looooooove the cinema. So it's a win-win for everybody. If you want to add the dinner, well that's fine too. The date ends great and you both go home quite happy (wink wink).
2. Meet at a coffee shop: Another great and simple idea for a first date. You meet, buy one cup of coffee and then talk till your jaw hurts. This is really much for the talkers. It is a great way to really find out stuff about each other, from each other. And with numerous great coffee shops popping up everywhere, coffee shop dates doesn't seem so bad now, does it?
3. Laptop and chill: Now now, don't get any funny ideas. You can try this as a double date if you feel it will be awkward. You bring one friend, and your date brings his or hers. It has a stay in kind of feel to it, and you can cook your own food to make it even more casual.
4. The actual fancy dinner date: Let's leave this to the big boys shall we? Well, the dinner doesn't have to be so fancy and it doens't have to be dinner either. This the popular 'pick her up and take to a nice restaurant' idea. Surely, you've heard of it. You know how it goes. What makes this idea great is if you both have an understanding; you split the bill for example. But like we said at the beginning, it all depends on who you are going with and if it's worth the effort.
5. Go dancing: Not the club type of dancing. These days many restaurants have a dance themed-day during the week, usually Kizomba or Salsa. So why not skip all the formalities and go dance and laugh all night? This is definitely an idea that will get you that second date!
Have any more first date ideas? Share them with us in our comments section below.