Most Ghanaians are on the regular 8 to 5 schedule and usually have to find their dinner on the way home. Due to this, there is a large number of night markets, and night food traders at bus stations and popular bus stops all over town.
Here are six very common after work foods all Ghanaian workers go for:
1. Kenkey: Kenkey is possibly the most common food next to Waakye and Jollof. Most Ghanaian workers often choose this food because it is cheaper and more filling, especially if they didn't eat during the day.
2. Kelewele: Although mostly a snack, Kelewele is the second best thing to an easy dinner. Especially if you are not looking to eat much.
3. Fried Egg in bread: Popularly known as Chibom, this quick and easy snack when paired with a mug of hot milo is the best end to a long day.
4. Fried Yam: Everyone has that favorite fried yam joint they visit. Fried yam is also another quick, and easy to acquire dinner option. It can be a light meal depending on how much or less you buy. It goes really well with the ever popular turkey tail or Choofi as it is called.
5. Indomie: Only a few years since it was introduced, the now very popular noodles brand has become a lifesaver in breakfast, lunch and of course, dinner options. At almost every bus stop is an Indomie stand with a significant number of people waiting to collect their meal.
6. Check-Check: This has been a popular dinner option for very long. The local name that is given to fried rice and grilled or fried chicken is widely patronised by most people on their way home after work.
What other after work dinners can you think off? Share your thoughts with us in our comments section below.