President John Dramani Mahama is Ghana's fourth president under the fourth republic. Having completed his first term in office, President Mahama's main challenge remains how best he could convince voters to re-elect him in the December general elections.
Here are some rare facts about John Dramani Mahama you need to know as a Ghanaian;
1. Mahama was born into politics.
In fact, his father, Emmanuel Adama Mahama, was the first member of parliament for the West Gonja constituency and the first regional minister of the Northern Region during Ghana's first republic.
2. He defended his colleagues from bullies during his education at the Achimota school.
President Maham, just like any other Ghanaian child, hated the act of bullying! No wonder this hidden part of him is well documented in his biographies.
3. President Mahama fled to Nigeria during Ghana's economic recession in the 80s.
John Mahama fled to Nigeria few months after receiving his Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Social Science. During Mahama's departure to Nigeria, the economic conditions in Ghana worsened rapidly following the overthrow of Kwame Nkrumah.
4. As "youthful" as he remains, the president is a lover of Afrobeat music.
5. Mahama has been in active politics for over 20 years!
John Mahama begun getting politically active in 1966 when he got elected as a member of parliament for the Bole/Bamboi constituency. He got re-elected after which he served under various portfolios before becoming vice president and subsequently, president of Ghana.