Ghanaians love their food, there's no doubt about that. Wars have started because of our love for our food. Friendships ruined, marriages ended, all for the sake of respecting our love for food. Ghanaian food is among the unique dishes to come from Africa and we are very proud of that.
But our foods are more than just cultural markers, they are happiness personified. Do you have a girlfriend? No? These are 7 foods that prove all need is a bowl and spoon and you're good:
1. Jollof. How could this not have been number 1? Jollof is a delicious rice dish that will be with you through your ups and downs, your highs and your lows and will never leave you.
2. Waakye. Waakye is your companion. In the midst of trouble and heartache you can always turn to waakye to comfort you, and reassure you that life is going to get better.
3. Banku. Banku whether with Tilapia or Okra soup is always there to give you strength. If you feel you are tired and too weak to go on, eat some Banku. And feel your strength coming back with full force.
READ ALSO: 6 foods every Ghanaian likes to buy after work
4. Fufu. Fufu is happiness, you know. After a delicious bowl of fufu, you are just content and happy. You don't need any stress after that.
5. Red-Red. Red-Red for those times you need need to feel good. You want to sleep happy and content, Red-Red always got you.
6. Kelewele. For the nights you just want to chill and relax. Kelewele will always be available for that. Simple and easy. You are not a proud Ghanaian if you do not need to eat Kelewele at least once a week.
READ: The most unusual foods you can eat to boost your manpower
7. Kenkey. And last but most certainly not the least, Kenkey. Kenkey is more than strength. Kenkey is for those times you have no one else to turn to. Kenkey is the shoulder you lean on.
Which is your favourite food? Share your thoughts in our comments section below or send us an email at email@example.com