Over the world, weddings are a big deal. In Ghana, weddings are an even BIGGER deal.
It has been said that people spend up to 70K, Ghana cedis of course, on a single wedding. But what do we know, we are most often just spectators.
And as guests at a Ghanaian wedding, there are tonnes of other emotions that run through your head apart from the whole joyous flow. A proper Ghanaian wedding would be a day-long event with a tonne of feels–feels.
And since there are no words to express all the feelings you have at a friend's wedding, here are some GIFs!
1. When you don't know if you're VIP or not!
Where do I sit mpo?
2. When you don't want to dress more than the bride.
Am I overdressed? Underdressed?
3. When you're waiting for the main thing to start
Please hurry up already.
4. And then the music starts playing
It's about to go down!!!
5. When you see the bridal gown
That dress is fabulous! Yaaasss, honey! Slay!
6. ...And the groom
Aww, look at how happy the groom is! This is so cute!
6. And how you react when people come in late.
Den koraaa nie?
7. And people keep blocking your view
Ugh! why do the tall people always sit in front of me?
8. And one guy keeps bending his neck
So you also have to be at 90-degree angle the entire ceremony to see what’s going on!
9. And then you realise you could be blocking someone's view
I really hope I am not!
10. And the vows get you daydreaming
Aww, these vows are so sweet.
11. And you're even happier than the newly weds
They did it! I’m so happy for my girl. Look at that smile.
12. When you find out how much the rings cost
13. When you're super aware of how you're dancing
I hope I don’t look too ridiculous with these moves.
14. How you feel when you know your own wedding is coming soon
Look at all this love in the room. Beautiful. I’m so glad I got to be here for this!
15. But you go home and realise you're just another single person.
I chose the single life.
You can also read about the 6 things Ghanaian men should never wear!