Getting bounced at a club in Accra is a regular thing.
This will happen to you if you, most especially, don't find ways to grease the palms of the bouncers at popular nightclubs around Ghana's capital. Bouncers at nightclubs in Accra respect only money and big boys (and girls), nothing or nobody else.
So if you are not an Accra big boy or girl, you must have tried to enter a club at least once, only for the bouncer to look at you like.
If you've ever been bounced at a nightclub in Accra, we are pretty sure you have gone through all these emotions.
1. When approaching the nightclub
...and you realise that bouncers are mercilessly gating people.
2. But you still proceed
...because confidence and you're high on Dutch courage.
3. When you start to pretend
...walking past the bouncer like you own Aphrodisiac.
4. Then you feel the bouncer's hand on your shoulder
...and you pray he just wants to greet you.
5. How you look at the bouncer
...when you're busily trying to explain who you are and who your father is to the bouncer, when he tells you to get back.
6. And the bouncer pushes you aside
...to make way for the true big boys of Accra who just arrived.
7. How the Accra big boy reacts
...when the bouncer tries to stop him.
READ ALSO: 10 words that every Ghanaian uses everyday
8. And the shock on your face
...when you realise you can't afford that VIP treatment.
9. And then you spot a bevy of fine babes passing
...and you have to act like it’s not beg that you are begging to enter.
10. But the babes notice you begging
...and they start looking at you someway.
11. But by God's Grace you ran into your big boy friend
...who helps you enter the club so you look down on the bouncer.
12. Or you finally give up
...and decide to go just be going to your house where nobody can bounce you.
You can also read about the complete guide to passing as an Accra big boy.