It is not easy to hate any particular food in Ghana, especially if you're a child who must eat whatever your parents provide without question.
but we are not children, and we are absolutely tired of hearing people talk about how awesome Jollof is when there is fufu to be worshipped. Even Waakye has been saving lives since Ghana's independence just for Jollof to come take over like this.
So if you're like us and you absolutely hate Jollof, you'd have to grow through these everyday.
1. When you ask someone “What’s your best food” and they says Jollof.
Fa wo gyimie firi me so.
2. How you are when people bring jollof to school or work
Ah, what manner of hype is this?
3. Your default expression when you see people speak about Jollof and 'korkor'
Why defile plantain so, bruh?
4. When someone tells you that you to choose Nigerian Jollof over Ghana Jollof
I'm not even eating this thing called Jollof
5. When you go to party and all they serve is jollof
6. And you have to look for something else to eat
Even gari sef!
7. When cooking for your family, you prepare plain rice
...when they were expecting Jollof *winning*
8. And people ask you how you like plain rice or Waakye but not jollof
Should I now explain myself?
9. When someone swears they'll change your mind about Jollof
Don't lie to yourself, my dear.
10. And you go to the person's house and they truly serve ONLY Jollof
Is this witchcraft?
11. But you finally give in
...and warily eat some Jollof
12. Only to realise you totally love it
Why did I miss out on this.
You can also read about the 7 hilarious reasons why chocolate is better than sex.