The sad news of the death of Eva Lokko took Ghanaians by shock on Thursday, 6 October 2016.
Her death came as a surprise to many who had never suspected any ailment with the politician. Many people took to social media to express their shock and condolences to the late Eva Lokko's family.
In celebration of her life and numerous achievements, YEN.com.gh presents some fast facts about Eva Lokko every Ghanaian should know;
1. Eva Lokko pioneered colour TV in Ghana as the first female engineer to be employed at the Ghana Broadcasting Cooperation (GBC).
She was part of the engineering team that installed and maintained Ghana's first colour television infrastructure in 1985
2. She made history as the first female vice presidential candidate in Ghana.
Eva Lokko was vice presidential aspirant on the flag of the Progressive People's Party.
3. Eva Lokko was also a Member of Parliament hopeful.
Madam Eva Lokko was vying for the seat of the Member of Parliament for the Korle Klottey constituency in the 2016 General Elections on the flag of the PPP.
4. Eva Lokko was a champion for Internet Development in Africa
She served as regional programme coordinator of the United Nations Development Programme Initiative for Internet Development in Africa.
5. She helped the whole world
Eva Naa Merley Lokko has worked in over forty countries across the world in various capacities.
6. Eva Lokko was a Director-General of Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
Her role as the Director-General of GBC made her the first female to serve in that capacity.
7. She is a member of the highest decision-making bodies in Christianity in Ghana
Eva Lokko was a member of the Methodist Church of Ghana and part of the Conference and Synod.
You can also read the 7 HARD questions Nana Addo may want to ask Mahama.