The New Patriotic Party manifesto which is underway at the Trade Fair Center in Accra put into eight thematic areas.
The event which is chaired by former President John Kufuor also had thousands of party supporters in attendance.
The party's flagbearer Nana Akufo-Addo and his running Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia were also in attendance.
Below are highlights of the yet to be launched manifesto
1. The NPP government will restore in full Teacher and Nursing trainees allowances in the first quarter in office.
2. The next NPP government will build an Accident and Emergency center in Takoradi.
3. The next NPP government will increase the amount of loans under the student loan scheme and restructure to streamline its administration to enhance recovery of the loans.
4. The next NPP government will pass a legislation to ensure that at least 20% of road contracts awarded to foreign contractors to be sub contracted to local contractors.
5. The next NPP government will construct a new harbours at James Town and Keta.
6.The next NPP government will immediately right after assumption of office reduce taxes on electricity tarrifs to provide immediate relief to households and industries.
7. The next NPP government will pass a legislation to require that at least 70% of all Government of Ghana taxpayer-financed contracts and procurements be executed by local corporate entities and 30% out of this 70% of the contracts should be awarded to businesses owned by women, people with disabilities and those businesses established under the YEF.
8. The NPP government will be working with District Assemblie to exempt Kayayei from taxes and market tolls right after assumption of office.
*The next NPP government will bring back the book and research allowances for lecturers and in addition establish a research fund to facilitate further research and innovation works.
READ ALSO: NPP manifesto launch underway