Hassan Ayariga has been in news over the past few days for various reasons of varying incredulity.
The flag-bearer of the All People's Congress (APC) and former presidential candidate was in a state of anger and vexation after he was disqualified from the 2016 presidential race. He even referred to the commissioner of the Electoral Commission (EC), Mrs Charlotte Osei as a fool and stupid person who was not qualified to lead the EC.
Ayariga was on a interview with the Accra-based Starr FM, where he revealed some details about himself and his political ambitions. Here are the nine things we learnt from the interview, as per this Facebook post;
1. He has two doctorate degrees
Of this PhDs, one is academic, meaning he studied for it and the other honorary, meaning it was confered on him. He also noted that he got his first PhD from a university in Honolulu.
2. He believes the EC erred in disqualifying him
The APC flagbearer is ready to contest his disqualification from the presidential race in court and is very certain he will be reinstated.
3. Ayariga blamed the NCCE for errors on his nomination forms.
He thinks the NCCE which the current EC chair used to run should be blamed for the errors in his forms that led to his disqualification. If the NCCE had done a good job of educating the people they wouldn't have committed such errors.
4. He loves race cars
And Ayariga claims he has a few collection of some good sports vehicles.
5. He has four swimming pools in his house
The presidential-hopeful boasted of his house at Bawku with one of the four swimming pools on the rooftop.
6. He was a dollar millionaire at 24 years.
Yhup, Ayariga apparently made his first million dollars when he was just 24 years old!
7. He closed down his pizza shop at Osu
...because he had hint that the NPP government at the time was planning to plant cocaine in his restaurant.
8. He still insists the NPP copied copiously from his party's manifesto for their own.
And he also claims that the NPP's manifesto (which he said was 64 pages though fact checking showed was 192 pages) is made up of so many pictures.
9. He wants to be president so he can improve the lives of Ghanaians as he saw and led in Germany.
Hail the German borga!!