Ghanaian politicians have shown over the years that they are willing to do whatever it takes to win power, especially if they are contesting in tight elections.
Even those who build a reputation over many decades as tough and powerful individuals have no problem falling to the level of ordinary Ghanaians if that is what it will take to win elections.
Here are some photos that detail the extent to which our politicians will go to win power.
1. The "mayor" of Accra, Alfred Okoe Vanderpuije, is seen cooking soup at the Ablekuma South Constituency in Accra, where he is the National Democratic Congress (NDC)'s parliamentary candidate.
2. He is seen stirring banku in the same constituency.
3. The "Mayor" also displays his skills at plaiting hair.
4. President John Mahama rides a power bike as part of a dangerous publicity stunt. A fall from the bike, needless to say, can get him killed him instantly.
5. Mahama does the Usain Bolt victory salute
6. Nana Akufo-Addo, the presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), played cards with some youth in the Greater Accra constituency.
7. Yeah, yeah... he loves cards
8. Akufo-Addo drinks sachet water and chews groundnut in public
9. The NPP leader eats Kenkey in pubic with other top leaders of the party
10. The NPP leader takes a potential dangerous walk across a lagoon in Accra.
11. The vice-presidential candidate of the NDC, Mahamudu Bawumia, pounds fufu in the Northern Region during campaigning ahead of the 2012 elections.
12. Bawumia offers his services to a flour mill
13. The director of the National Service Secretariat, Michael Kpessa-Whytte, stirs banku ahead of the NDC parliamentary primary in the Shia Osudoku Constituency. He lost that election.
14. A female NPP parlimamentary aspirant cooked banku for some members of her constituency.
15. Another parliamentary aspirants bathes a baby in public