Ghanaian politicians have shown over the years that they are willing to do whatever it takes to win power, especially if they are contesting in tight elections.
Even those who build a reputation over many decades as tough and powerful individuals have no problem falling to the level of ordinary Ghanaians, if that is what it will take to win elections.
Here are some photos that detail the extent to which our politicians will go to win power.
1. The then-"mayor" of Accra, Alfred Okoe Vanderpuije, was seen cooking soup at the Ablekuma South Constituency in Accra, where he was contesting as the National Democratic Congress (NDC)'s parliamentary candidate.
READ ALSO: 5 rappers Deborah Vanessa has dated in Ghana. Numbers 2 and 3 are friends!
2. He was seen stirring banku in the same constituency.
3. He also displayed his skills at plaiting hair.
4. President John Mahama rode a power bike as part of a dangerous publicity stunt. A fall from the bike, needless to say, could have got him killed him instantly.
5. Mahama did the Usain Bolt victory salute
6. Nana Akufo-Addo, the presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), played cards with some youth in the Greater Accra constituency.
7. Yeah, yeah... he loves cards
8. Akufo-Addo drank a sachet of water and chewed groundnut in public
9. The NPP leader ate Kenkey in pubic with other top leaders of the party
10. The NPP leader took a potentially dangerous walk across a lagoon in Accra.
11. The vice-presidential candidate of the NDC, Mahamudu Bawumia, pounded fufu in the Northern Region during campaigning ahead of the 2012 elections.
12. Bawumia also offered his services to a flour mill
13. The former director of the National Service Secretariat, Michael Kpessa-Whytte, stirred banku ahead of the NDC parliamentary primary in the Shia Osudoku Constituency. He lost that election.
14. A female NPP parlimamentary aspirant cooked banku for some members of her constituency.
15. Another parliamentary aspirants bathed a baby in public
READ ALSO: 6 Ghanaian presidents and the hilarious nicknames given to them.
Is there anything our politicians won't do for power? Share your views with us in the comments section below.
You can also reach us with your stories on Facebook.