Former president John Mahama recently revealed that his young daughter, Farida, was excited after he lost the 2016 election because it meant he would get to spend more time with her.
In a recent speech, Mahama detailed how excited eight-year-old Farida was when she returned from school a day after he lost the election and met him him at home.
Due to demands of the presidency, he was hardly ever at home.
“So she asked me, ‘'daddy, didn’t you go to the office?’ I said 'No, don’t you remember that I handed over to President Akufo-Addo yesterday?'
She said 'ok; so it means you are not going to the office anymore'? I said ‘'yes, I have no office to go to.’ And she said, ‘'so will I be coming home from school and meeting you in the house?' I said 'yes' and she said, ‘‘then I am very happy that you lost the elections!'
The episode exemplifies the strong bond that exists between Mahama and his daughter.
Although Mahama was a busy man during his presidency, he still made time for Farida.
Here are nine times he proved he was a fantastic dad to the eight-year-old.
1. When he shared a smile with Farida
2. When he celebrated Farida's achievement in school
3. When he took that walk of pride with her
4. When he spent time with Farida on the school playground
5. When he gave her a listening ear
6. When they spent quality time together over dinner
7. When they just played it cool
8. When they dazzled in African print at a social event
9. When Farida helped Mahama commission new STC buses
Mahama and Farida are absolutely fabulous together and we cannot have enough of them.
Share your views on this with us in the comments section below.
Do you have a story to share? Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Contact us on Facebook now!