Vybrant Faya, the dancehall artiste of 'Mampi' fame sadly lost his life in a road accident on the Tema Motorway, on Sunday October 23. According to his manager, Mr Logic, the artiste was knocked down by motorcycle. The 29-year-old was pronounced dead at 37 Military Hospital.
While many know him for his song 'Mampi', there are several facts about Vybrant Faya that you did not know, and here are 7 of them:
1. He was born Emmanuel Kojo Quayeson on April 13, 1987.
2. He was born in Tema, and grew in Ashaiman with his parents, and four brothers and a sister.
READ ALSO: Nana Akua Addo fires back! Names Selly Galley as the snitch
3. He started recording his songs in the year 2008 under the name Skelloh.
4 In 2011, he met his manager, Mr. Logic who had just arrived from Jamaica.
5. His stage name was switched to Vybrant Faya by his manager Mr Logic, when he started working for him.
6. He was signed on the Shatta Movement family after Shatta Wale had registered the group name.
READ ALSO: Is Wanlov de Kubolor now a woman?
7. In 2014, he had his first major hit song 'Mampi.'
Watch the video here:
Send your thoughts to our mail at email@example.com or post them in our comments section below.