Donald Trump has been elected the 45th president of the United States after Hillary Clinton called him to concede defeat.
Shortly after declared winner of the US election, the billionaire gave a victory speech in New York after wins in Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio and North Carolina took him beyond the 270 Electoral College votes required to take the White House.
With this historic victory, Trump, 70, will become the oldest person ever inaugurated as US president.
Here are 12 things he said in his victory speech.
1. “I have just received a call from Secretary Clinton. She congratulated us on our victory and I congratulated her and her family on a very, very hard-fought campaign. She fought very hard.”
2. “Now it is time to bind the wounds of division and get together. To all Republicans, Democrats and Independents, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.”
3. “I pledge to every citizens of our land that I will be president for all Americans and this is so important to me.”
4. “For those who have chosen not to support me of which there were a few people, I am reaching out to you for your guidance and help so that we can work together and unify our great country.”
5. “As I said from the beginning, ours was not a campaign but an incredible and great movement made out of millions of hardworking men and women who want the best for this country and for their family. It is a movement comprised of all Americans from all religions, background and races who want and expect our government to serve the people.”
6. “Working together, we will begin the origin task of rebuilding our nation and renewing the America dream.”
7. “I have spent my entire life in business, looking at the untapped potential in projects and in people all over the world. That is now I want to do for our country.”
8. “Every single American will have the opportunity to realize his or her fullest potential, so forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer.”
9. “We are going to fix cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, airport, schools and infrastructures which will become second to none and we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it. We will also finally take care of our great veterans.”
10. “We have a great economic plan and we will double out vote to have the strongest economy anywhere in the world and at the same time we will get along with all other nations, willing to get along with us. We expect to have great relationships. No dream is too big, no challenge is too great as nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach. America will no longer settle for anything less than the best.”
11. “We must reclaim our country’s destiny and dream big, we have to do that. I want to tell the world community that while we always put America’s interest first, we will deal fairly with everyone. We will seek common ground; not hositility, partnership not conflict.”