- A city pastor has been sentenced to hang for killing his four months pregnant girlfriend
- He allegedly got help from his son to commit the crime but the son was set free
- Elsewhere, a woman from Kikuyu went missing after attempts to get her KCSE certificate proved futile
- The school denied claims they had refused to clear the girl and hoped she was found so that she could meet with the school headmistress and talk
- The headmistress had rejected every meeting arranged with the girl
City Pastor Paul Nganga of the Wells of Faith Church in Dagoretti is set to be hanged after a court found him guilty of murder.
Nganga was arrested four years ago after killing Caroline Chinjira, a woman believed to be his girlfriend.
According to Nairobi News, Nganga killed Chinjira inside his car with the help of his son, James Muia.
Chinjira was four months pregnant at the time of her death.
The judge who presided over the case found Nganga guilty as his DNA on the victim incriminated him but his son, Muia, was set free.
Elsewhere, a former high school student went missing after her third attempt at getting her Kenya Certificate of Seconday Education papers proved futile.
Felishina Nyambura who lived in Kikuyu with her husband went missing on Tuesday, July 19, after she was seen leaving Kerugoya Girls High School in tears at 10 am.
According to her family, the school refused to give her the papers because of fees arrears despite there being a directive from the then Education cabinet secretary Joseph Kaimenyi that this should not happen.
Her parents owe the school KSh 116,136.
On the said day of her disappearance, her husband was unable to accompany her as he’d done the previous times.
He dropped her at the school and that was the last day he saw her.
Gathua had also promised to pay for Nyambura’s college education.
Aside from that, each time the high school frustrated Nyambura, Gathua paid for the items it was alleged she had lost.
The school’s deputy headmistress, however, said they had not denied Nyambura her papers.
The headmistress was always unavailable to Nyambura at every school visit.