- Africans do not see sexual proverbs as obscene just because they use symbols
- The sexual African proverbs, according to J. Ojaode, must never be used out of context or at an inappropriate time
African communities are known to be very rich in proverbs. Most people use them to pass valuable teachings in very few words.
It is important to note that most of the African proverbs should never be taken literally as they usually have hidden meanings.
READ ALSO: The RIGHT time to have sex after giving birth
Some African proverbs may sound vulgar to some people. Here are some of the African proverbs that are sexually explicit and are inappropriate to children, as listed by Ghanaian website - Pulse.com:
1. No one who is pregnant should give away her vagina
According to Adeleke Fakoya of Lagos State University, this Yoruba proverb means that no one gives away a tool that they will want to use later. A pregnant woman will have to use the vagina while giving birth.
READ ALSO: The 6 types of people you'll meet outside your job interview
2. When a man with a huge penis is having sex with a woman, let her simply groan all the way
This, according to the Yoruba, simply advises people to persevere in trying moments as no situation is permanent.
READ ALSO: Scientists explain why women SCREAM during sex
3. The man that has sex once and punches the vagina will soon have another erection
This is a call to ungrateful people who think they can get away after they have received help. You will definitely return for help in the future, the site explains.
READ ALSO: These sugar babies earn millions by sleeping with wealthy men
4. The penis brags, the vagina swanks; a meeting in bed will resolve their altercation
5. How much pleasure can we hope to derive from the vagina, to make us pray that the day will not break?
READ ALSO: Ghanaian celebrities who have stripped completely for fame
6. The elders say that no matter what, penis is penis, and testicles are testicles, but the tensile strength of the scrotum varies from man to man.
Meaning, according to Pulse, no matter the perception of equality, some people are better suited for certain tasks than others.
7. The day a mosquito lands on your testicles is the day you will know there is a better way of resolving issues without using violence. (Senegal)
READ ALSO: 5 ways to identify a man with SMALL penis