The Editor-in-Chief of the Crusading Guide Newspaper has expressed his disappointment in the new Woyome-GHC 35 million scandal, stating that it should not have been allowed to happen and that is offensive to the citizenry.
Speaking on Joy FM early Saturday, Mr Baako said that if 'common sense' had been used by government officials, they would have discerned that it would be egregious to partner with Alfred Woyome again after his initial scandal, and that this second act is an insult to Ghanaians. He added that this action was a display of the "arrogance of power and politics of impunity."
Woyome was named in yet another scandal after the pressure group OccupyGhana uncovered another government deal worth GHC 35 million, while the case against him for the GHC 51.2 million fraud from the state was still pending in court.
A very upset Mr. Baako stated that while the case was still pending and verdicts had not been delivered yet, the government should take care when dealing with Woyome.
"Until this gentleman purges himself of the liabilities, any government official must be careful in dealing with him.His failure to redeem his liabilities does not make him or his companies a credible person or entity to deal with," he said.
He also added, "I find this indigestible. It is an assault on our sensibilities, it ought not to have happened.Some common sense, some vigilance will tell you that the man and his companies are not credible entities to deal with at this time."