We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

Most young men in Ghana are not in a hurry to marry.

Roughly about about 25% of Ghanaian men get married every weekend (or even weekdays as the case may be), the remaining 75% are scared of getting into the marriage world.

READ ALSO: 7 reasons why your Ghanaian wife would probably cheat on you without shame or remorse

The YEN.com.gh team tried to research why Ghanaian men are scared of getting married. Here are the top seven reasons why Ghanaian men are really not in a hurry to get married;

1. Unemployment

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

Unemployment and the fear of not getting a well-paying job tops the list of reasons men run away from marital commitment.

They prefer waiting until they are financially stable to take up the roles of a husband which comes with added responsibilities.

2. Lack of quality wife material

Ghanaian men have a stringent requirement for women they want to marry. They expect a woman who is a good cook, a capable washing machine, a very good bed mate and a woman capable of supporting them in hard times but when they meet women who are not endowed with these qualities, they tend to shrink into their shells.

3. Love of freedom

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

Most Ghanaian men cherish their freedom to do anything they wanted to with their lives. The prospect of having to lose the ability to have fun but getting married would generally require them to be faithful to their partners. 

4. Free sex

Some men like the free sex they get from different girls who are willing to get down anytime they want. This is also one of the reasons why Ghanaian men love to patronise prostitutes.

5. Expensive wedding

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

These days Ghanaian wedding are getting as expensive as their Nigerian counterparts.  

5. Culture

Some tribes in Ghana find it difficult allowing for inter-tribal marriages going by their cultures as they only approve people from their tribes.

6. Searching for a ready-made lady

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

We know all the reasons why Ghanaian men are not in a rush to get married

Some men make the mistake of only going for ladies who are either working class or doing well in their businesses because these days, no one wants a full-time housewife who depends on the husband for everything in the home. So they tend to tilt towards women who are well employed and have a means of livelihood and willing to share  with their man, the burden of building a home.

READ ALSO: We know all the reasons why Ghanaian women like going into prostitution

So tell us, which of these reasons drives you men from getting married. Tell us via Twitter, Facebook or via email info@yen.com.gh.

BONUS: Meet the Ghanaian Woman A Man Married & Brought to USA Who Left the Husband in Just 4 Months

Related news

Shock as woman offers free sex to men who voted for President Mahama

Shock as woman offers free sex to men who voted for President Mahama

Shock as woman offers free sex to men who voted for President Mahama