Yesterday saw the live telecast of the second presidential debates organised by the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) and the National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE) ahead of the general elections slated for the 7th of December, 2016.
Conspicuously missing from the platform at the State Banquet Hall in Accra were the presidential candidates of the New Patriotic Party's (NPP) candidate, Nana Addo Danquah Akufo Addo and that of the National Democratic Party (NDP), Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings.
Social media, as usual, was buzzing with questions about their absence.
1. Someone was sure their absence had to be an electrical problem
2. On this side of social media, the candidates were simply cowards
3. As for this person, he was just so disappointed with Nana Addo's absence
4. One simple question
5. This was a common question on social media on the night
6. Oh, this gentleman knows why the NPP and NDP did not show up
7. More disappointment in the NPP
8. Well, all though we already knew, someone was kind enough to re-state the obvious
9. This may have been the sleaziest campaign jab on the night. Funny though
10. Yes, we know the debate was important but they decided not to come so it was fair
11. Another simple question
12. Someone was just being mischievous
13. Opinions, opinions, opinions... they are like noses they say
What did you think about the absence of the two presidential candidates?