Dreams FC have been demoted from the Ghana Premier League to Division One league while Tema Youth have been promoted following a ruling by the Appeals Committee of the Ghana Football Association.
GFA's decision was taken after the Court of Arbitration for Sport's (CAS) instructed the GFA to review the decision of the Appeals Committee in the matter of Tema Youth vs Dreams FC dated 5th November, 2015.
Below is the full ruling by GFA
GFA decision on Tema Youth vs Dreams review case
As a result of the Court of Arbitration for Sport's (CAS) instruction to the GFA to review the decision of the Appeals Committee in the matter of Tema Youth vs Dreams FC dated 5th November, 2015, the Appeals Committee has today released its decision on the matter.
TEMA YOUTH FC - APPLICANT
DREAMS FC - RESPONDENT
Below is the complete decision of the Appeals Committee chaired by Mr. Cosmos Anpengnuo.
The Committee's decision is as follows:
1. That this matter is properly before the committee and the committee has jurisdiction to determine the review application.
2. That the player CUDJOE MENSAH was unqualified to play in the match between
TEMA YOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB and DREAMS FOOTBALL CLUB on 25107115 in the 24ft week of the 2Ol4l20I5 GN BANK Division One League Zone 3 match played at KWEIMAN.
3. That the representation of the player as CUDJOE MENSAH for registration by the GFA when the player had earlier registered as DANIEL GOZAR is irregular and renders the registration as CUDJOE MENSAH void.
4. That DREAMS FC is liable for the irregular registration MENSAH.
5. That DREAMS FC is hereby declared loser of the match YOUTH FC and DREAMS FC in the 24h week of the Division one League zone 3 match played on 25/10/l5 of the player, CUDJOE
6. That TEMA YOUTH FC shall be awarded three (3) points and three (3) goals as per Article 34(2) of the GFA General Regulations.
7 . That DREAMS FC shall lose three (3) points from the club's accumulated points from other previous matches played in the 201412015 GN BANK Division One League competition in accordance with Article 3a(5)(a) of the GFA General Regulations.
8. That by reason of our decision stated at paragraphs 5, 6 and, 7, the winner of the GN BANK Division One League Zone 3 competition shall replace DREAMS FC in the Premier League for the 201612017 premier League season.
9. That DREAMS FC is hereby fined two thousand five hundred Ghana cedis (GH12500.00), 50o/o of which shall be paid to TEMA yoUTH FC in accordance with Article 34(5)(a) of the GFA General Regulations.
10. That IBRAHIM DOSSEY ADAM of DREAMS FC who signed the release letter of CUDJOE MENSAH on behalf of DREAMS FC is hereby banned from holding any office in the GFA or in any club affiliated to the GFA for a period of five (5) years with effect from the date of this decision.
I l. That MUMLTNI MALIK of BOTWEY YOUTH FC who signed the release lener of CUDJOE MENSAH to DREAMS FC is hereby banned from holding any office in the GFA or in any club affiliated to the GFA for a period of five (5) years with effect from the date of this decision.
The reasons for this decision shall be made available on a later date.